The homeowner had experienced moderate damage to his subfloor in his living room. After contacting an engineer, the engineering firm explained that there was an excess of moisture buildup in the crawlspace that was causing his subfloors to bulge. After contacting us, we did determine that the best course of action was to encapsulate the crawlspace with CleanSpace vapor membrane and add a Triple Safe Sump Pump to monitor excess moisture since he lived in close proximity to a waterway and naturally had a high water table. Now, after a year of having the system installed, not only is the problem resolved, but the homeowner can live with a peace of mind of not worrying about moisture buildup in the crawlspace again!
There was a historic home on the waterfront, in which the basement would be prone to flooding. Apart from the dank, musty/mold smell, there would be physical water in the basement. Our crews came and after excavating down to the foundational wall discovered that the foundation wall was structurally failing. After rebuilding the foundation and applying waterproofing agent HML 5000, the crews then updated the basement systems by installing a Triple Safe Sump Pump and finished by installing the Cleanspace Vapor Barrier System and Sani-Dry Dehumidifier to monitor the humidity and control water. Now, the basement no longer smells and remains completely dry, even when there was a hurricane that hit the region!
Our crew removed all debris and old insulation from this crawl space in Jacksonville, FL. They then cleaned and disinfected the sub-flooring systems.
This homeowner in Tallahassee was tired of being unable to use their old crawl space with ripping insulation and nasty looking walls. They called our office at Indoor Environmental Management and we sent out a crew to transform their crawl space right away. Our crew installed a patented CleanSpace Vapor Barrier system and now the homeowner is pleased with their healthy and attractive storage solution!
Here is a before and after look at a job in Tallahassee, Florida. This home's crawlspace was filled with mold and other bacterias. The space underneath a home affects the entire home and can affect the health of the people living there. Members of this family were experiencing ashthma like symptoms and were constantly congested.